Kareena has great regard for Saif’s sister Soha Ali Khan and her beau Kunal Khemu. It is not a surprise to hear.
Kareena strongly recommending Kunal to ‘Golmaal 3’ director Rohit Shetty. She convinced Shetty to include him as an integral part of the Golmaal series.
Recently, Kareena told Shetty that Kunal would be an asset in his forthcoming film, ‘Golmaal’ in which she stars.
Sources said that recently Saif, Kareena, Soha and Kunal met for dinner. Kareena and Kunal had an intense conversation about his movies and forthcoming projects.
She thinks he is a very talented actor and is just making the wrong choices with his movies. She mentioned the same to him and discussed Golmaal 3 with him.
It’s a thoughtful gesture on Kareena’s part to help out Soha’s boyfriend. Golmaal director Rohit was hunting for the star cast and Kareena was aware of that.
We hear she had a word with Rohit, who was convinced by Kareena’s reasoning. The director immediately decided that Kunal should be sharing the screen space with Kareena, Ajay Devgan Tusshar Kapoor, Shreyas Talpade, Arshad Warsi and Mithun Chakraborty.
Since the time Kareena Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor parted ways, Boney Kapoor’s project ‘Milenge Milenge’ has been suffering setbacks. First, the film has been out rightly delayed. Next, Boney Kapoor’s plans for shooting a promotional video for the film with Shahid and Kareena went berseck as Kareena went on her size-zero spree and the promoters of the film had to give up the idea. The promotional song had already been recorded with Himesh Reshammiya and as per the sources, now this song will be shot on Shahid and a new girl.
The latest headache for the producer has been the fact that Kareena has refused to come together and share the stage with Shahid Kapoor for the promotion of the film. She is ready to promote the film but sans Shahid.
The producers of the film are in a fix with Kareena’s unprofessional attitude. Dear Kareena, linkups or breakups, professional commitments should always come before personal preferences!
The Shahrukh-Sena issue has taken a new twist with Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray joining the fight by targeting the Shiv Sena for being harsh to Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan while sparing his counterparts.
Raj Thackeray, the estranged nephew of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray, said that Amitabh Bachchan too has to apologise if Shahrukh is to do so for supporting the inclusion of Pakistani cricketers in IPL3 because Amitabh shared the same dais with Pakistani artistes and recited poems recently.
The MNS chief questioned why only Shahrukh’s film is being targeted and criticised the ‘double standard’ policy of the party. He has made it clear that his party would not disrupt the screening of My Name is Khan.
The Shiv Sena has called for the ban of My Name is Khan in Mumbai following Shahrukh’s refusal to apologise for stating that Pakistani cricketers should be allowed to play in IPL. Over thousand Shiv Sena activists have been arrested in the last couple of days for violent protest against the film.
It’s a small world. And the world of entertainment is even smaller than the rest. Two of Bollywood’s biggest filmmakers Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Aditya Chopra had a major misunderstanding last year when Aditya Chopra ended up using the Punjabi exclamation ‘Hadippa’ which was a registered title in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s production house in Yash Raj Films’ Dil Bole Hadippa.
Buzz up!The incident left a bitter taste in Sanjay Bhansali’s mouth and the director had vowed to not go anywhere near the Yash Raj banner.
A year later the acrimony has faded. And now for the first time in his entire career Sanjay Leela Bhansali will be shooting (from Feb 21) in Yash Raj Studios, and that too for his crucial last schedule.
Says a source close to Sanjay, “It is the final lap of shooting and Sanjay needs to be absolutely relaxed. He weighed the pros and cons and decided to let bygone be bygones and approached Yash Raj. Mr. Yash Chopra and his son Aditya have happily extended all facilities at their swanky studio to the director who hopes to shoot in peace and without any guests dropping in.”
Says the source, “One of the drawbacks in shooting at one of the other major film studios in Mumbai is that guests can drop in any time. In spite of clear instructions to his actors and technicians about no visitors on the sets of Guzaarish, Sanjay regularly had to deal with VIP guests on the sets. Most of them he had to say no to. At Yash Raj such intrusions are not allowed. And that would avoid Sanjay a lot of embarrassment.”
Says Sanjay Bhansali, “It is strictly a business arrangement. Yes I am shooting at Yash Raj later this month. It is comfortable and convenient. And we all belong to the same fraternity, don’t we?”
This schedule completed the director would have only a song with Aishwarya Bachchan and scenes with the magician to shoot.
The song with Aishwarya will be unlike anything she has shot before. It will have her dancing but for the first time in non-choreographed spontaneous movements.
Indian superstar Shahrukh Khans claims that he signed print outs of ‘nude’ security scans of his body at Heathrow have been dismissed by the airport owner, BAA.
According to Londons Telegraph, the airport has labelled Shahrukhs claims “completely factually incorrect”, reports The Age. BAA said the claims “simply could not be true”, insisting the scanners had no facility for printing images or storing them.
While on Jonathan Ross BBC talk show, the Indian actor had expressed his concerns over full-body scanners, saying they breach a persons privacy. “I came out [of the scanner] and then I saw these girls and they had these printouts,” Khan said. He added: “So I looked at them, I thought maybe its a form your supposed to [sign]… and you could see everything inside. “And then Ive autographed them for them.” The scanners are currently in use at Heathrow and Manchester airports.
Sanjay Dutt and Manyata will be hosting a huge bash for their wedding anniversary tonight at their residence at Imperial Heights in Bandra. According to the source, “This year, Maana has planned a grand second anniversary at their 10th floor terrace. It’s not a theme party but Maana has made elaborate arrangements with lots of flowers and candles. Though food is being ordered from outside, Maana has cooked some of Sanju’s favourite dishes herself. There will be a live band playing with DJ, pasta counters and Italian, continental, Indian and Chinese food.”
Buzz up!The guest list is equally big at 150 people. “Apart from Sanju’s close friends like Ajay Devgan, Anil Kapoor, Bipasha Basu, Sunil Shetty, Fardeen and Zayed Khan, Amar Singh and Abhishek Bachchan, Sanju has invited all his director friends like David Dhawan and Rohit Shetty. Maana wants to make very special for Sanju — and an evening to remember. She’s taking personal care in inviting the guests and looking after all the arrangements herself. In fact, Maana was in the US last week but she flew back a few days earlier only to organise the party herself.”
Sanju’s Blue co-star Akshay Kumar might be a special guest. Says a source, “Last year, Akshay Kumar had apparently been deliberately left out of the guest list for the Dutts’ first anniversary bash though both Sanju and Akki had acted together in Blue. The buzz was that Sanju and Akki had major differences about the way their roles were shaping out with Sanju making his displeasure clear on the sets. Things had soured between the two to such an extent that both stopped talking to each other till Sanju invited Akshay over to his mata ki chowki at home and Aki went.”
Says a source close to the Dutts, “This year, they have become close and all their differences have got resolved. Sanju has invited Akki to his anniversary party tonight. He messaged him personally yesterday inviting him. Though Akshay is not much a of a party guy he is expected to attend after finishing his shooting for Nikhil Advani’s Patiala House at Gorai beach.” A source close to Akshay Kumar told us yesterday, “Akki hasn’t been invited by Sanju as of now but if he is, Akshay will definitely go.”
Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan called for truce and peace vis-a-vis the violent protests staged against screening of Shahrukh Khan’s movie ‘My Name Is Khan’, reportedly instigated by activists of Shiv Sena. He said this at a function to mark the launching of ‘Bachchan Bol’, an initiative to connect him with his fans via mobile and landline phones across the globe at Mumbai on Tuesday.
Buzz up!Bachchan said that the topic has been stretched too far and its time for peace and harmony. “I think this topic has been stretched too far, I think its time to talk about peace, and to talk about harmony. Rather than keep hinting on something, which is not going to get you or me anywhere. So please let’s talk about peace and harmony and I hope that it exists. Everything is working out fine,” he added.
Shiv Sena activists have been targeting the theatres and warning theatres operators to stop the screening of the movie My Name is Khan. Earlier, they had vandalised a cinema hall and broke the glass showcases heralding the movie.
It may be recalled that Khan, who is also the owner of Kolkata Knight Riders, one of the teams competing in the ensuing edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), had said that the participant teams should have considered inclusion of players from Pakistan. The comment has invited the wrath of the Shiv Sena, who have threatened to halt the screening of the film in Mumbai.
Breaking it’s own promise Shiv Sena activists vandalised many theatres in different parts of Mumbai for screening Shahrukh Khan’s My Name Is Khan. There was a general impression that the Shiv Sena would allow a problem-free screening of the movie after party supremo Bal Thackeray stated that Sena activists would not disrupt the screening. On Sunday, Thackeray had written in the party mouthpiece Saamna “Traitors, with the blessings of the Congress party, go ahead. Shiv Sena will not block you. Why our Shiv Sainiks should be beaten up and arrested?”.
Interestingly the attacks on the theatres came barely an hour after Mumbai Police Commissioner D Shivanandan assured film director Karan Johar of giving full security cover to the cinemas and multiplexes in city. 12 Sena activists were taken into custody from different parts of the city. The Sena activists had broken down window panes after the advance booking for the much awaited movie started which has already got good reviews.
Shiv Sena had threatened the movie after it’s leading star Shahrukh Khan had voiced his support for the Pakistani players in the IPL. Shiv Sena had asked Shahrukh to apologise for this but the actor has refused to bow down on the issue. The film fraternity has been divided on the issue with few stars coming in support of King Khan. Shahrukh will however take solace from the fact that Aamir Khan and Salman Khan have supported him on the issue.
Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif’s biggest concern at the moment is not her career or her love life but her health. She has been suffering from a bout of illness including endometrioma of late. She was taken ill again on Monday night for food poisoning.
It happened while Katrina was busy dubbing for her latest film Rajneeti by Prakash Jha. The makers of the film just couldn’t help but stop the dubbing, as the doctors have advised complete bed rest to the actress for a few days.
Katrina’s business manager said that Katrina has been advised complete bed rest in spite of her tight schedule. He added that she is apologetic and guilty about not being able to announce the Filmfare Awards. He went on to say that she would recover completely in a couple of days.